Wednesday, June 25, 2014

WEDNESDAY HODGE PODGE

 

1. What summer activity most takes you back to your own childhood?

As I have mentioned before I was lucky enough to spend my summers at the cottage. Our days were filled with lots of swimming and waterskiing. I was a better swimmer than a water skier.

2. What's your favorite summer smell?

Steaks cooking on a BBQ.


3. It's beach season in the US of A...so how do you feel about sand?

I am not big on sand. It gets between your toes and on your backside. Not a favourite of mine. Of course beaches in general are not at the top of my list.


4. Sun tea, SunChips, sunflower seeds, Capri Sun, Sunny Delight, Sun-Maid raisins, sun-dried tomatoes...your favorite food or beverage with sun in its name?

I love Sun-maid raisins. We carry a trail mixture in the car and it has nuts and raisins in it.


5. What's your favorite way to cool off on a hot summer day?

These days I like sit under a fan in the shade with a tall glass of lemonade.


6. Share a favorite song with the word sun or sunshine in it's title.

“You are my sunshine”


7. Tell us about a time you had an exceedingly good or truly awful customer service experience. If it was awful, did you report it? Ever go back there again?

I have always been big on customer service. I worked as a customer service rep my whole career. My biggest pet peeve is with cashiers. Before technology improved a cashier used to have to count back to make change. Today the computers do the work for them. They now hand you your money bills first and change last however the change can fall out of your hand and it takes twice as long to put the money in your wallet. Men don’t mind so much because they close their hands and put everything in their pocket. I trained my reps to always give the coin first and the paper money second. I don’t have this problem too often anymore because I use a credit card for most of my purchases.

I have told cashiers the proper way to make change and if I go back to the same cashier and she doesn’t give me my coins first I will dump the money.

I have been known to push for something if it is not right and I have walked out without purchasing anything if I don’t like the service.

Has anyone paid attention to the movie “Pretty Woman” with Julia Roberts where she goes into a store and they talk down to her? I have used that clip many times in my training sessions. I have also experienced the difference in clients who come in dressed to the nines and covered in jewellry. They are the ones who usually can’t pay their phone bill. The fellow coming into the store in blue jeans and a baseball cap usually has the most money to spend and expects the best because he can afford it.

8.  Insert your own random thought here.

This is going to be a slower week. All of our children are away. We have no babysitting or chauffeuring to do. The siding is done and the Protection on the wires are down. I am getting some reading done and just relaxing. Have a good week everyone!