Thursday, December 19, 2013

THRIVING THURSDAY

 

Chats on the Farmhouse Porch

This blog went up late on Wednesday and with taking daughter H to the airport and babysitting for son M, I didn’t get a chance to do this blog with Patrice and Wendall so I am doing it a day late. It is just a week away until Christmas Day and we seem to be caught in a whirlwind of activity. I guess being away for 8 weeks before Christmas puts a rush on everything.  There will be no post on next week’s blog so to all of my followers “Have a very merry Christmas!”

Everyday Ruralty

Questions

  1. What is your favorite way to have potatoes? I love baked potatoes (only hubby can make them right). While on the cruise I ate french fries because they had malt vinegar. (Yummy!!)
  2. Do you keep your house toasty warm or a bit cooler? We keep our house cool. It is easier to put on an extra sweater and a pair of socks. My daughter C comes bundled for living in an igloo.
  3. What would you most like to see under the tree? Another cruise however I know that won’t happen for a while.
  4. Do you have an Elf on the Shelf?This one may not translate to other countries- Just tell us something you want if you don't know what I'm talking about.  I would love to spend more time with my grandchildren. I don’t need a gym membership with them around. They also keep smiles on my face.
  5. Have you put up a Christmas tree this year? We have a very small table tree which hubby put up on Monday because we had an early Christmas dinner while daughter H was here. Everyone is going off on their own this year so it was good to get together while we could. Christmas is not just a day  as long as we can celebrate together.