Wednesday, April 9, 2014

WEDNESDAY HODGE PODGE

 

1. April showers bring May flowers, or so the saying goes. When did you last 'shower' attention on someone or have attention 'showered' on you? Did you love it, or did all that attention make you squirm?

I am going to say I showered attention on my parents in February. I spent 12 days looking after them while they were ill. I haven’t spent that much time with them in years. Thank goodness they are doing better.


2. Share a favorite 'spring break' memory. Not talking about just the 'college spring break' thing, but any favorite spring break memory you'd like to share. Keep it family friendly please!

It has been many years since we have shared spring break with our kids. My memory doesn’t go back that far. All of our travels with the kids was in the summer and mostly to the cottage.


3. It's National Pecan Month...are you a fan? If so, what's your favorite dish that calls for pecans?

I love pecan pie however I only get it as a treat because I don’t make it myself.

4.  'Put all your eggs in one basket', 'egg on your face', 'rotten egg', 'walk on eggshells', or 'a good egg'...which egg-spression could most recently be applied to your own life?

I am going with “walk on eggshells”. Our plans have recently changed and we will have to be flexible. Our SIL has cancelled his trip to China so we are no longer needed for our babysitting skills. We are keeping our plans fluid and open.


5.  In my experience life is lived with a smile on my face.


6. What's a  favorite song with the word rain in its title or lyrics?

“Raindrops keep falling on my head”


7. What does the word hope mean to you?

Hope means getting to a better place and enjoying each day.


8.  Insert your own random thought here.

Spring is starting to appear finally. We are looking into the outside repairs to the house. We need new siding so have been getting quotes. Now we have to find the money, so my next cruise will be on the side of the house. This week has had its ups and downs. Our plans for our trip to Charleston have changed. We are no longer needed as babysitters. We can now go just for a visit.

We had a wonderful lunch on Monday with my girlfriend B. We meet half way between our homes and stop at our favourite mall and restaurant. We love the restaurant because it has an awesome bathroom. We also get a free dessert because we celebrate our birthdays.

I hope everyone has a wonderful week!