Tuesday, March 5, 2013

WEDNESDAY HODGE PODGE

 

Thanks to Joyce for hosting another Wednesday Hodgepodge.

 

1. My real life friends came through with another question this week so thank you real life friends. When you've eaten in a restaurant do you complete their comment card? Do you take online surveys highlighted at the bottom of store receipts?

No I don’t bother.

2. The (US) ban on women in combat was lifted at the end of January. It will probably be next year before specifics are worked out, but its been reported over 200,000 front line positions will eventually open up to women.  Your thoughts?

Why not!


3.  In looking back at all the blog posts you've written, what's your favourite post title?

I really enjoy posting on Mondays with Acting balanced and Touristic.


4. What's worse-overly permissive parents or overly protective parents?  Did your own parents lean more to the permissive or the protective category?  If you're a parent where do you fall?

I believe children should have some rules and boundaries however as a grandmother I have a saying “what happens at grandma’s stays at grandma’s.

5.  Candlelight-moonlight-firelight-bright lights in the big city...which one's your favourite?

I love seeing a full moon on the ocean from a cruise ship.


6. Dr. Seuss's birthday was celebrated on Saturday. What's a favourite book you remember (Seuss or otherwise) from your own childhood?  Did books play an important role in your growing up years? Explain.

My favourite book by Dr. Seuss is “To think that I saw it on Mulberry Street”. I love all of the imagination.


7.  To quote Dr. Seuss...

"From there to here, and here to there, funny things are everywhere."

from One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish


Share something funny you've recently read, seen or heard.  

Spending time with my 2 year old grandson who climbed on my knee so that he could play Bubble Guppies on the computer.

8.  Insert your own random thought here.

We have safely returned home after a month away. I have started the mounds of laundry. I would like to thank all of the bloggers who have commented on my recent blogs and I promise to link up with everyone now that I am home.