Wednesday, February 19, 2014

WEDNESDAY HODGEPODGE

 

1. What's the biggest change since your childhood in the way people think or act?

I am in the middle of a lot of drama concerning my parents. I really feel that people have become self-centred and care about themselves. I always ask the question “Would you want your parents treated this way or even yourself? Our parents overcame a lot to make the world a better place. They have survived the great depression, wars and created the middle class. As a baby boomer I have ridden their coat tails. If this is the future we had better make it better. Our children need to learn respect and find fulfilling work. Not everything can be learned on a computer.


2. The Olympic Biathlon involves cross country skiing broken up with either two or four rounds of target shooting. Which part of that would stress you out more? Or would you love them both equally?

I am anti-gun so I would not be a shooter. I wouldn’t mind cross-country skiing however at my age my knees would kill me for trying.


3. February is National Canned Food Month...what is your most often purchased canned food item?  What was in the last can you opened?

We actually buy very little food in a can. There is way too much salt in them. We do use tomato soup however more as a marinade for roast beef or even pork pot roasts.


4. What river (anywhere in the world) would you most like to cruise?

We love to cruise and cruising the Rhine River is on our bucket list.


5. It's the middle of the night and you can't sleep...what do you do? Count sheep? Toss and turn? Watch television? Or do you get up and do something productive?

Like last night! I actually got up and wrote some e-mails. I had a lot to get off my chest. It seems I do my best writing at night.


6. How important is keeping your cool?

Keeping my cool is very important to me. I try to see both sides of the argument however do not ‘piss me off” because I could hurt you.


7. I've got white stuff on the brain so why not run with it? White lie, wave the white flag, white knuckle it, white wash a situation, or white as a sheet...which phrase could most recently apply to your own life in some way?

Well since I seem to be dealing with liars and people who have been white-washing the situation I will go with both. Where has honesty gone? Does no one admit they have made a mistake? Can no one take responsibility?

8. Insert your own random thought here.

I missed my blogging friends while I was taking care of my parents. Thank you to those have given me their moral support. I have also missed a few activities and need to get back to my regular routine. So to those who I really connect with I promise to get around to you.

I am getting a little sick of winter so this may also be a cause of the doldrums. We have been watching the Olympics especially the curling and the hockey. We loved the figure skating dance teams especially the Canadian couple who danced the Argentine Tango. It is hard enough dancing it on a ballroom floor without adding the extra care needed to dance on ice.

Let’s hope every gets a little ray of sunshine in their day.