Tuesday, November 25, 2014

WEDNESDAY HODGEPODGE

 

1. Besides U.S. Thanksgiving, it's also National Game and Puzzle Week...what game have you played most recently, and who were you with? Have you worked a puzzle of any kind in the past week?

Hubby and I regularly play “Hand and Foot” which is a form of Canasta. We learned the game on one of our cruises and have enjoyed teaching it to our family as well.


2. What is one place you were thankful for this year?

We did not cruise this year because we had the siding put on our house so I am thankful for staying home.


3. Take a nap, watch football, go for an after dinner walk, or hit the stores...which ONE is on your must-do list for Thanksgiving day? For those of you playing along who aren't in the US, answer as it relates to any big holiday meal.

It is too cold at this time of year for an after dinner walk however we do try to walk before dinner. Sorry no football here either and I am not much of a shopper.


4. Besides Thanksgiving, what's your favorite home cooked meal?

I love pot roast with potatoes and carrots.


5. What product from an infomercial would you most like to own?

Don’t do infomercials.


6. Christmas shopping? Have you begun? Finished? Will you shop on Black Friday? How do you feel about stores opening on Thanksgiving Day? What percentage of your Christmas shopping is done online?

I am not a big shopper and my Christmas gifts will be homemade. Most of them are finished and if my grandson doesn’t add any more to his list I will be ready for Christmas.


7. What are you most grateful for that adds beauty to your everyday life?

I am grateful for my health and my wonderful family who keep me young and busy.


8. Insert your own random thought here.

We celebrated Thanksgiving last month. We actually had 2 family dinners – one in South Carolina and one at home. To my American friends and my daughter and her family in South Carolina have a happy thanksgiving.