A walk by the lake!
Here are the Questions:
1. June 17th is Eat Your Vegetables Day... do you need a special day to celebrate veggies? Your favourite veg?
My favourite vegetable is the potato. It can be served in so many ways – boiled, mashed, baked, scalloped or fried.
2. How did you spend your Father's Day? Or for those who don't have Father's Day on June 16th, what did you do this weekend?
D H and I drove 4 1/2 hours to have lunch with my Mom and Dad. We gave him some new socks. I also asked questions about my Dad’s family before he forgets everything.
3. June 18th is National Splurge Day... if you were (are) going to participate what would/will you splurge on?
If I am going to splurge it would be on another cruise. This time to Australia and New Zealand. We still want to go!
4. What is the farthest you've ever traveled from home?
I guess travelling to Rome is the farthest from home although I have crossed the Arctic Circle and have been as far north as Norway.
My 5th question this week is ...
If you could be a contestant on a game show what game would you be on?
Welcome to the weekly Follow Friday Four Fill-in Fun Blog Hop! Hosted by Hilary G.
This week’s co-host is BETH ANN from IT’S JUST LIFE who came up with the last statement!
This week’s statements:
1. Sometimes I wonder if I should have kept working but I know I won’t go back.
2. Chocolate is my favourite flavour of anything. Cake, ice cream or cookie.
3. The thing I remember most vividly about grandmother is her love of tea and books.
4. When I am honest about it, I really will tell the truth!
Welcome to Pondering with a Purpose – with Brenda Youngerman
Today's prompt is: Pill
Let me start by saying I take a pill to relieve my aches and pains however I don’t want to act like a pill. Acting like a pill is a pain for everyone around me. I try to take as few pills as possible especially from the doctor so I work on being healthy.
I also try to keep the pill off of my sweaters. Who wants a sweater full of fluff and pulls.
Does anyone remember the pill-box hat? Jackie Kennedy was famous for hers.
(taken from Google!)
Thanks for the memory!
1. What do you think makes a good dad?
A good Dad is a provider for his family, a great listener and a participant who leads his children to a better life.
2. What's something you learned from your own father?
Believe it or not my father taught to take risks. You don’t get anywhere without gambling a little. He started his own business and raised 4 children. Of course it was my mother who kept us on track.
3. It's your birthday-what kind of cake will we be having?
My birthday cake would probably be an ice-cream cake. We are not big cake eaters.
4. When you're faced with a big decision are you more of a go with your gut type of person, or are you someone who reasons it all out, weighing the pros and cons?
Because of my answer in #2 I would go with my gut. Once I make a decision it is done.
5. June is National Dairy Month. What's your favourite dairy item? Most often purchased dairy item?
Milk is my favourite dairy item followed by ice cream. We purchase a lot of milk.
6. Explorer Jacques Cousteau was born on June 11, 1910....what's something you've recently discovered or something you'd like to explore?
I have discovered the joy of grandchildren and love retirement. I still have lots of places in the world to see especially if I can cruise there.
7. Are you typical of your generation?
Yes! I am a baby boomer. We have lived in our house for 37 years and have been married for 40.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Our oldest daughter H and her family are here for the month of June. It is hectic and a lot of fun. On Sunday we had all 6 grandchildren for the afternoon. Talk about busy! There is definitely no sitting in babysitting. The children haven’t played together since Christmas but got along famously. We couldn’t have done it without the help of our oldest granddaughter R. She is a very mature young lady and is growing more beautiful every day. Every day is busy so blogging has taken a back seat. I apologize for not getting around like I used to.
We have managed to take the time to smell the flowers. These are growing in our garden.