Tuesday, October 1, 2013

THOUGHTFUL TUESDAY

 

Chat

Everyday Ruralty

QUESTIONS

  1. When you pass the salt, do you automatically send the pepper with it? We don’t even have salt or pepper on the table. Hubby will have black pepper added if he is dining out otherwise the food at home is spicy enough.
  2. How many fingers do you usually type with? I can probably use 2 fingers on each hand. I know this because I counted while I typed this answer.
  3. Do you keep interesting coins when you run across them? I used to however these days coins are often needed to pay for small items which can’t be put on a credit card.
  4. Did you enjoy September, or did it fly by too quickly? September was a very busy month and October is going to be even busier as there are on ly 19 days until we leave for our cruise.
  5. If I could move more quickly, I'd get more done each day.

 

 

Tuesday, October 1, 2013


How would you finish this statement?


If life were a video I could rewind, I’d go back....

D H and I often look back and wonder what would have happened if we had taken road B instead of Road A. He always tells me I talked him into completing his BA in Forestry which had no jobs available when he got finished. If he had only completed 2 years he could have gone to teacher’s college and become a wonderful science teacher. He could have retired with a bigger pension and done something he thoroughly would have enjoyed. Instead he filled the gap with Scouting.

Where would we be if I had not been a stay-at-home Mom for nearly 12 years. I worked as an Avon rep for 5 of those years and actually made some money however it was not enough to pay for the children’s education and give us some breathing room. I did manage to earn enough to pay for a new roof. I also had a wonderful time doing it. It was the experience I gained to be able to get a full-time job with Bell Canada and retire.

Despite every choice we have made we are blessed with 3 wonderful children who have married 3 wonderful partners. We have 6 awesome grandchildren and we are living our dream retirement. Where would be if we had chosen Road B? Who knows and at this point who cares.