There will not be a Hodgepodge link up next week (Wednesday, June 11th), but we will be back to our regularly scheduled programming the following week (Wednesday, June 18th). Thanks for understanding!
1. I've read several posts and status updates recently describing end of year school field trips. Do you remember taking school field trips as a kid? Where did you go and do you recall a favorite? For any parents responding today, have you ever chaperoned a school field trip, and if so where?
We used to take field trip at the end of the year. One trip I remember well was in 1967. It was Canada’s centennial year and we hosted the World Expo in Montreal. I was in grade 10. We had a wonderful time.
2. What's something you're tired of seeing online?
We get a lot of promotions in our e-mail which are listed as junk and they can stay that way.
3. June is the month for roses. Which of the following expressions would you say has most recently applied to your life-'everything's coming up roses', 'there's no rose without a thorn', 'came out smelling like a rose', or 'wearing rose-colored glasses'?
I am going with “there’s no rose without a thorn”. We are having siding put on our house and the red-tape is extraordinary. We are not making too many other plans because of it.
4. When grilling outdoors do you prefer gas or charcoal? Who does the grilling at your house? What's the last thing you ate that was cooked on a grill?
We have a gas grill which we use year round. D H does the grilling. We had steak before we left home.
5. Are you afraid of the dark? No.
6. Share a favorite song with a number in it's title.
Because of the grandchildren I have been singing “3 Little Monkeys” a lot.
7. "Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves."(C.G. Jung). Do you agree? Why or why not?
I agree! Nobody is perfect and I am sure that others see us in different lights as well. An example is – doing laundry. Everyone does it well however everyone does it differently.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
We left the cold wet Canada and landed right in the middle of a heat wave in South Carolina. It is taking a while to get used to it. Fortunately our daughter’s house is air conditioned and they have a pool which is getting used nearly every day. It has been a wonderful vacation.