Wednesday, July 30, 2014

WEDNESDAY HODGE PODGE

 

1. "Summer is like childhood. It's full of warm memories and gone too soon."~Kellie Elmore Agree or disagree? Share something you loved about the summers of your childhood.

I agree! My best summers as a child were spent at the cottage. We lived there for 2 months every summer. We swam and waterskiied.


2. Are you a fan of auto racing-NASCAR, Indy, Stock, Grand Prix, etc? Ever been to a race in person? Any desire to do this?  Do you know a lot about cars? Do you notice particular makes and models when you're out and about?

Not really a fan however I did attend a formula one race 3 weeks before I got married. Our best man was into cars. I suffered heat stroke and lost 4 days that I don’t remember. I remember being tented with sheets because I also had a terrible sunburn. Since then I avoid the sun and races.


3. What's something you think is too serious to be joked about? Or do you think anything and everything is fair game?

I don’t think there should be jokes about peoples’ weight or appearance. It leads to low self-esteem.


4. July 29th is National Lasagna Day. Are you a fan? Do you have a great recipe, and if so where did it come from? If given a choice would you choose a plate of lasagna or a plate of spaghetti?

We don’t eat a lot of lasagna. DH does the cooking and most pasta is made with eggs so he can’t eat it. I do have a recipe from my ex-sister-in-law which the children used to love.


5. What's a simple pleasure you'd miss if it were not a regular part of your life?

I would miss reading. I have a fear of losing my eyesight. My mother is losing hers and she greatly misses her reading.


6. If you could be the CEO of any company, which would you choose?

Probably Microsoft or Google. Definitely some place where I would be making the big bucks.


7. August is just around the bend...bid farewell to July in exactly seven words.

Goodbye to a busy month with family!


8. Insert your own random thought here.

This is our relaxation week. We had a very busy July with our grandchildren visiting. We finished with DH’s birthday party on Sunday. He loved it. We are looking at plans for August as well as September and October. There are even plans afoot for a cruise in February. We reconnected with our fellow cruisers this week so we have an added option to visit with them as well. Life is good. Hope yours is as well.