Wednesday, July 9, 2014

WEDNESDAY HODGE PODGE

 

1. July is National Anti-Boredom Month. When was the last time you were bored? What's your go-to cure for boredom?

Since I retired I don’t think I have been bored. If I do feel restless I take a walk in the neighbourhood. There is always someone to talk to.


2. What's the last thing you made a reservation for?

D H makes the reservations and he made one for our hotel stay last weekend.


3. What's one thing on your summer 'bucket list'? Any plans to make it happen?

Have a birthday party for DH. He turns 65 and all of the children will be home to celebrate. The party has been scaled down because DH doesn’t want a lot of fuss.


4. What's your favorite summertime sip?

I have to say DH’s wonderful frozen strawberry He just made a new batch with the fresh strawberries we picked up at the market.


5. What do you find is the best way to handle another person's hostility and hopefully ease the tension?

I usually try to make them laugh. You can’t be angry if you are laughing.


6. Your favorite film set in summer?

Not a big film person however I love “Gone with the Wind”.


7. What word are you using too much lately?

We are on a budget.


8. Insert your own random thought here.

To my followers I apologize for no Monday or Tuesday blog. Both Les at Time out for Mom and Heather at Acting Balanced are taking some time off. I am glad that Joyce is continuing with her Wednesday Hodge Podge.

We are anticipating the arrival of our grandchildren from South Carolina this weekend. Our grandson L can hardly wait to visit Centre Island so that he can ride the ferry, trains and log flume as well as the frog hop ride.

We have many activities planned to keep everyone busy. In the meantime D H and I are resting up.