Tuesday, February 17, 2015

THOUGHTFUL TUESDAY

 

Time out for Mom

 

Tuesday, February 17th, 2015

Dance like no one is watching.  

Who are you when no one is watching?

Les always gives us something to think about with her Tuesday Coffee Chat.

The first time I took my oldest granddaughter out on a Play Date I was advised that I should play like no one is watching and so I did. She climbed the slide and I climbed the slide right behind her. She danced and sang around the fountain and so did I. Together we learned how to be a good granddaughter and grandmother. This was all good training for the rest of the grandchildren who followed afterwards.

My youngest granddaughter reminded me yesterday that she gave me a set of rules to follow and I am being very good because I love rules.

Grammy’s Rules:

1. Expect to be spoiled.

2. Bedtime negotiable.

3. Eat dessert first

4. Sleepover welcome.

5. LOTS OF HUGS!!

6. Endless stories.

7. HAVE FUN!!!

8. We won’t tell Mom or Dad

9. MAKE MEMORIES!

This is who I have become. Of course I also have to provide homemade sweaters, mitts, socks, hats and blankies as well as anything else requires.

Who have you become or who do you want to be?