Wednesday, February 18, 2015

WEDNESDAY HODGE PODGE

 

1. When did you last have to interact, either by phone or in person, with someone in a government run agency? On a scale of 1-10, how would you rate the experience? (10 being fabulous and 1 being pass the Tylenol)

I had to visit our Revenue Agency on behalf of my father at the end of January. I would say the experience was a 5 on the scale of 1-10. I found it frustrating and many of my questions were not answered as well as I expected them to be. Not only that I was told it could take up to 6 months to process.

2. The current governor of Wisconsin is considering a run for President next time around. Walker attended Marquette University, but never graduated. In terms of any candidate running for the office of President (not asking here if you agree or disagree with Scott Walker's politics) would the lack of a college degree influence your vote or no? Would that be a factor in your support of any candidate running for public office, even a role less weighty than President?

A person running for office should have a proper education if only because they stuck it out.

3. When did you last visit a place or site named for George Washington or Abraham Lincoln, and what was that place or site?

We visited Gettysburg about 9 years ago and it has been many years since I was in Washington.


4. February 16th was President's Day in the US, but did you know it was also National Almond Day? I didn't think so : ) Do you like almonds? If so, what's a food/dish/recipe you enjoy that contains almonds?

It was also Flag Day in Canada. Our flag is 50 years old. I love almonds especially is they are covered in chocolate.

5.The television program Saturday Night Live celebrated it's 40th anniversary this past weekend. Were/are you a fan of the show? If so what has been your favorite (or one of your favorite) skits, sayings, or characters that came out of the program?

Sorry, not a fan.

6. Anything purple within ten feet of you? What is it?

My afghan is purple and it is wrapped around my legs.

7. Back in December I asked you to submit a question for a future HP as part of a giveaway I was hosting. I grabbed this one from those entries, submitted by Zoanna who blogs over at Penchant for Pens. Thanks Zoanna!
She asks, "How often do you make your bed, and how do you like to make it-pull the covers all the way up over the pillows, tuck the covers in around the pillows, or place all the pillows on top of the covers?"

Believe it or not hubby makes the bed. I only make it when I change the sheets. I pull the covers over the pillows.

8. Insert your own random thought here.

This has been an exceptionally busy winter with taking care of my Dad since Mom passed away. We are looking forward to our time away in March. Only 18 days until we get on the cruise ship.