Tuesday, September 24, 2013

THOUGHTFUL TUESDAY

 

Chats on the farmhouse porch

Everyday Ruralty

QUESTIONS

  1. How well do you handle change? I prefer to know what is coming and plan for it. I used to be more of a “go with the flow” person however as I get older I don’t keep up as well.
  2. What did you have for breakfast this morning? Breakfast is the same thing every morning – orange juice, coffee (several cups), 1/2 grapefruit and a bowl of cereal.
  3. What's your favorite kind of nut? (Almond, pecan, peanut, walnut,cashews, macadamia, brazil, etc) I’m a bit of a nut and I like most nuts.
  4. Do you have a pumpkin in your house or yard? I have a fake pumpkin plant that I bought 3 years ago however it is in the basement and will stay there this year as we will be away.
  5. Would you like it if I changed the format of these Chats? What do you think would be good? Would you enjoy fill in the blanks, one big topic to discuss, or something else? I look forward to Tuesday and love what you are doing. I will continue to follow you anyway you choose to go.

 

Welcome to Tuesday's Coffee Chat with Rory!

This weeks' topic:

The Weird and the Wonderful:  Got Stories?

I am not much into weird however when it comes to wonderful I will tell you about my amazing grandchildren, fabulous children and loving husband. I also have 2 wonderful parents as well as 2 sisters and a brother.

I have 6 grandchildren, 3 girls and 3 boys. The oldest granddaughter is 15 years old and has taught how to be wonderful grandparents. We have learned to sing and dance as though no one is watching. We have learned to back off so she could do things herself even when grampy wanted to help.

Our second granddaughter is too old for her age. She has learned to read and now reads chapter books. We have to watch what reading material is left around because if it is written it will be read.

Lastly our youngest granddaughter has cornered the “Little” world. She goes to little camp, sits in a little chair and likes little snacks.

Our oldest grandson is special and we love him extra specially as well. He is fantastic on an ipad and can teach us grandparents about “angry birds”. He loves to ride his bike fast and his favourite food is french fries.

Our second grandson is a going concern. He goes and then we go. His curiosity is matched only by his inventiveness. Did you know that ketchup makes a great paint?

And last but not least is our youngest and newest grandson. He keeps us laughing with his wonderful belly laughs. He is going to be sitting up soon and will definitely require our undivided attention.

I hope this is enough wonderful for everyone today.