Wednesday, September 4, 2013

WEDNESDAY HODGE PODGE

 

1. What's something you're never too young or too old to enjoy?

You are never too young or old to love music. Upbeat music actually makes you feel better. Of course music to dance to is even better.


2. Share one happy memory from your high school years.

I loved singing in the choir. I was the third in the mezzo soprano section and we had to reach High C. We entered the Kiwanis Festival every year and took home a lot of first place ribbons.


3. A nationwide strike of fast food employees took place in the U. S. last week...they're calling for higher wages and the right to unionize? Your thoughts?

I think working in a fast food restaurant is one of the hardest jobs there is. The workers deserve better than minimum wage. I certainly wouldn’t work that hard for that amount of money.


4. September is National Honey Month...what's a favourite dish you make or eat that calls for honey?

I always have honey in the house. Mostly I use it for a sore throat however I will make a peanut butter and honey sandwich once in a while. My daughter-in-law loves honey in her tea.


5.  If you notice someone with a tag sticking out, a button unbuttoned, a shirt on inside-out, or some leftover lunch stuck between their teeth do you say something or do you keep quiet?

I will tell my near and dear if they have a problem however I do not tell a stranger.


6. What movie always makes you cry?  Or at least makes you feel like crying?

I will start by saying I am a crier. I cry at movies, TV shows and even commercials. My father suggests I could be rented out because I cry at weddings, funerals and even baptisms. I take boxes of tissues to movies and plays because I will probably need them. To this day I cannot get past the first page of “Heidi”.


7.   'Mary Had a Little Lamb' was written in May of 1830, and published in Juvenile Miscellany in September of that same year.  Now for the fun part...create your own four line rhyme using that same tune.

Grammy has six grand children. six grand children, six grandchildren and everywhere that Grammy goes the grandchildren are sure to follow.


8.  Insert your own random thought here.

We are home from our cruise and beginning to settle into our routine again. We had a great time with our friends and loved the ports we saw. However we were disappointed with our cruise experience. The cruise had some problems that were difficult to overlook. One of the problems was with the plumbing. There was a terrible order that was only masked by the fresheners that were used.

I was upset by the lack of hygiene in the cafeteria dining room. There was a lot of cross-contamination. The servers would touch the fish and egg products and then the vegetables. In this day and age of allergies I would have expected better. I could not eat a sandwich from the deli. On a good note the french fries were wonderful especially since I discovered the malt vinegar.

Our ports of call were wonderful. Here is a picture of us on the Duck ride in Dublin:

049a

I did a lot of kissing while visit different places:

An ice cream cone in Inverary Scotland.

0139

A troll in Bergen Norway

0184

As well as sharing a seat with D H.

0180