Wednesday, September 11, 2013

WEDNESDAY HODGE PODGE

 

1. What's the best thing about growing older?

I love the fact that because I am older I could retire and travel. I also love having grandchildren .


2. When did you first feel like a grown up?

I haven’t grown up yet. I still love dancing and playing in the sand. A good swing is always welcome.


3. Chocolate cake with white icing or white cake with chocolate icing?

How about chocolate cake with chocolate icing?


4. What's the nicest thing a stranger has ever done for you?

A stranger has never helped me.


5.  What's something you learned from your grandparents?

My grandmother loved to read and drink tea. She also loved having children and never seemed bothered by the small stuff. She was my voice of reason.


6. Wednesday marks a sad day in the history of planet earth-9/11...what's something you do (or can do) to bring peace to your little corner of the world?

I remember clearly where I was 12 years ago. I try to live in harmony and to understand other cultures. This is easily done in Canada where even our neighbours come from many other countries.


7.  Share a favorite quote, scripture, or song containing the word peace. 

“Peace on earth, Good will to men”


8.  Insert your own random thought here.

We have been home for a week and our calendar is filling up. We have 39 days before we leave again. D H is busy working out our plans while we visit the many cities in Europe. He has us on 3 tours planned with our cruise critic friends. He has found the cities that are  walkable and the ones that have Hop On Hop Off buses.

In the meantime I have been to a retirement party for another cohort who left Bell yesterday. It was wonderful to see the people I used to work with however I am so glad I am out of the rat race. Modern technology has caught up with the job and I am very far behind it.

To my American friends please keep peace in your heart.