Tuesday, January 27, 2015

THOUGHTFUL TUESDAY

 

Time out for Mom

 

Tuesday, January 27th, 2015

Would you feel ill at ease going to a movie alone?  

Or to eat at a restaurant?  A concert?

I have been married for 42 years with 3 married children and 6 grandchildren so being alone doesn’t happen very often. For most of my alone time I am in the car as I drive to places by myself. I love to listen to the radio and sing along without the comments of the rest of the family. I don’t mind eating in a restaurant alone especially if I have book to read. I don’t think  I have ever attended a concert alone since DH usually buys the tickets.

Being alone doesn’t bother me although DH tends to be more on his own than me. He actually thrives on being alone. While I was away taking care of my father, DH says he loved having his own time to do his own thing. In fact one of his biggest worries was when I retired and that I would ruin his routine. He loves the fact that he can cook what he likes and not be burdened by my allergies.

We live together and yet we pursue our own activities. I get computer time while he watches his TV shows and vice versa. We do watch “Wheel of Fortune” and “Jeopardy” together.

I love my alone time and cherish my family time.