Sunday, April 19, 2015

MEMORY MONDAY

 

My mother has written her memoirs and has been after me to write mine. I have been resisting for a while however I am creating Memory Monday to help me along. Come join me with your own memories. Each week will be a different prompt to encourage the writing of your memories. Link your memories and share them with everyone.

Our prompt is: My Siblings

I have 3 siblings who are all younger than me. I am the eldest girl. Then came sister P who is 19 months younger. We could not be more different. I am short and fat and P is tall and skinny. P is probably smarter as well. I taught her everything I knew and she still went on to be a doctor and delivered many babies. P strived to be the best where I was content to just make it.

My brother D is 18 months younger than P. He was born one week after my father started his own business and took it as a sign that he would have help eventually. D didn’t do as well at school however he was very athletic. He played every sport imaginable.

My youngest sister B was a surprise. I was 9 years old when she was born. I didn’t have a Barbie doll because I had a real baby to take care of. She thinks of me as her second mother even to this day. B is both very smart and very athletic.

We had a fairly idyllic childhood growing up. Mom and Dad made sure we had the best that they could afford at the time. Most of our memories are at the cottage where we spent the whole summer.

Next Week’s Prompt: My Retirement

My daughter made us a Memory Monday button that you can grab from my sidebar if you want.

Retired Not Tired Memory Monday

Please link up your posts to this continuing linky so we can watch each other’s memoirs develop over this year.  Please use the format of “PROMPT – BLOG NAME” so we can follow each week’s writing.