Wednesday, April 8, 2015

WEDNESDAY HODGE PODGE

 

1. Besides left over Easter goodies, what's something currently kept in a basket at your house?

I have a basket in the bathroom which holds the grandchildren’s toys. I also have a knitting basket that holds my yarn. I love baskets to keep things tidy and decorative at the same time.


2. 'The greater danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it.' ~Michelangelo Buonarroti
So which one are you...the one who aims too high, or the one who aims too low? Have you ever seen The Sistine Chapel? Did you know Michelangelo's surname prior to answering this question?

I like to aim high as well as dream high. Hopefully all of my dreams will come true.


3. April 7th is National Beer Day. Hmmm...wonder how that's celebrated? Do you like beer? Have a favorite? If you're not a beer drinker do you have any recipes you enjoy cooking that call for beer?

FDR declared this day in 1933 as an end to prohibition and making beer was allowed in the homes of America. Personally I don’t drink although my husband does and he loves beer-battered fish.

 

4. When did you last travel somewhere new? Tell us where? How'd it go?

We travelled to several new islands in the Caribbean. I had never been to the island of Bonaire before. It is a beautiful place and famous for its snorkelling as well as its salt. We will also be going to Athens and Malta in the fall.


5. The value of television is greatly overrated.


6. What's a pet peeve of yours when it comes to restaurant dining?

I dislike waiting to be served.


7. It's Poetry Month...share a favorite poem, either the title, a few lines you find meaningful, or the whole kit and caboodle.

I have always like “The Road not taken” by Robert Frost.

8. Insert your own random thought here.

We are slowly getting back to routine after being away for a month. We actually came home early because my daughter’s family had a virus which we didn’t want to catch. I got a cold anyway because I was expecting more spring-like weather instead of winter. I have 3 different coats on the go although the really heavy parka has been put away.

There is a lot of work involved when someone dies. We had barely started on my Mom’s estate when my Dad also passed away. We are having his Memorial this weekend. It is a blessing that both of my parents are together again. Dad was lost without my mother. They would have been married 66 years next week.

It is wonderful to be with the grandchildren. E was very disappointed that we couldn’t stay and play with him, however he will soon be here for his summer visit.

I hope Spring arrives soon as I am tired of winter.