Friday, March 28, 2014

FRIDAY FRAGMENTS & FOUR FILL IN FUN

 

Half-Past Kissin' Time

Feeling Beachie

The statements:

  1. I love to shower in the morning rather than at night so my hair will dry naturally.
  2. I laugh a lot when I’m with my grandchildren because they say and do the darnedest things.
  3. My least favorite household chore is cooking which is why DH does it all.
  4. When I walk through the ice cream aisle at the supermarket, I think about my diet and buy the one with less calories so that I can have chocolate sauce with it.

This week’s co-host is The Blustbutterfly!

 

 

It has been a very busy week. It started with a trip to see my parents. Since they moved to a new apartment we had to check it out. The apartment is smaller than their last one and doesn’t have as many closets so D H put up a cupboard with a coat rack in the hallway. We stayed over night at my sister’s and drove home on Monday. Poor D H has a sore back so I drove up and back.

A question from a blog earlier in the week has stuck in my head. The question is “How do you start a conversation with someone you don’t know?”. My original answer was based on my cruising experience however yesterday we attended the theatre. We saw an amazing show called “Twist and Shout – The British Invasion”. We have seen it before however with a different set of actors, dancers and musicians. We will probably see it again if it comes back because we love it.

Sorry I digress, back to the question. My answer this time would be based on the fact that I am Canadian and you can never go wrong talking about the weather. This was never more true than yesterday afternoon during intermission when I looked out the window to see snow flurries. The gentleman beside me said he wasn’t aware however when he looked he confirmed my observation. From there we compared the weather in England because he had spoken to his sister the day before. They were sitting in their backyard enjoying the sunshine. This lead me to talk about Charleston, South Carolina where our daughter H lives. The amusing side is that by the time the show was over there was actually snow.

Today we have rain which is creating big puddles as the snow melts away. The snow really needs a wash since it has turned gray and ugly.

As an aside I also stopped at the wool shop and came out with 2 bags full. I now have lots of projects to work on. When I am not knitting and crocheting I am reading a book which has to be reviewed and have been asked to do another. No hints yet about the books. You will just have to wait.

Lastly our doctor has finally retired. We were supposed to see him last week however our appointment was cancelled. We got a call from his secretary today telling us of his retirement. The doctor is almost 83 years of age and he was our doctor from the time I was 6 years old. This has put us in a quandary as he had no succession plans in place. Actually he outlived most of the doctors who practiced with him.

I hope you didn’t get to fragged out with my fragging today. Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

  1. I like your answers. I don't imagine getting a nrw doctor will be a pleasant thing. It is hard to get established with trust.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I shower AM & PM - i like to wash off the day when I come home from work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My hair looks just plain drab if I let it air-dry.
    Weather is a universal topic about which anyone can comment :)
    Today at an aquarium store, I saw the cutest CROCHETED clown fish, hanging from the ceiling! I thought to myself, "Now THATs a fish fan!" :)
    Thanks for linking up. Stay tuned for a special post regarding a celebration of the 300th FF post! Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete