Joining Les at Time out for Mom and her Coffee Chat and Patrice and Wendell at Everyday Ruralty for Chats on the Porch
Tuesday, March 18th/14
What Makes You Unique?
My family always says they are glad there is only one of me. I speak loudly and even whisper loudly. It comes from being a teacher as well as the fact that my Mom is deaf in one ear and hard of hearing in the other. Beside I sometimes have to talk through walls. To my children I explain that there is a difference between hard of hearing and hard of listening.
I am glad to me known by my grandchildren as the grandmother that makes funky sweaters, hats, mitts and socks. I also make apple pie and banana muffins. I also let them watch kids TV and eat their breakfast on the couch from TV trays. Grandma also has a special bubble bath routine with a baby powder finish.
My children (even as adults) think I am crazy. My concepts may not always be logical. I love to laugh and look at the funny side of life, however I will cry at commercials. I am not a great cook however my hubby is. I am not cleanest housekeeper but there is always a cup of tea available and my door is always open.
I used to be a good taxi driver however now I just drive everyone insane. Since I am retired I don’t need to go too many places.
Aren’t you glad there is only one of me?
- What are your favorite condiments? My favourite condiment is malt vinegar on my french fries. I started using it on my last cruise.
- What are you reading? Not very much right now as I am busy making sweaters for everyone.
- What was the last dessert you had? I had vanilla cupcakes for my granddaughter’s birthday. Otherwise we don’t eat a lot of desserts.
- Wendell would like to know if you would build him a snowman. (If you don't have snow, just pretend. He's not detail oriented.) Sorry Wendell the snow has disappeared and I have no coal for the eyes. We use gas.
- Tell me something fun or interesting. My granddaughter’s teddy bear picnic with her friends was fun and a great success. Everyone enjoyed the peanut butter and banana sandwiches as well as the strawberries and blueberries. We played pin the tail on the Bear as well.