Wednesday, March 5, 2014

WEDNESDAY HODGE PODGE

Sorry to be so late today however babysitting  the Grands stood in my way however I wouldn’t miss joining Joyce for this week’s questions.

1. The expression 'mad as a March hare' originated with a fictional character who is distracted and frantic. When were you last 'mad as a March hare' and what was it that made you that way?

Retirement has a very calming effect. There are no alarm clocks. No rush hour traffic drives and plenty of time to do nearly everything we need to do. So in answer to the question it would have to be at least 2 years ago while I was still working.


2. Mardi Gras this year falls on Tuesday, March 4th. Have you ever been to Mardi Gras, and if so what did you think? If not, do you have any interest in going?  Purple, green, and gold are the colors of Mardi Gras. Which one is most prevalent in your wardrobe? How about in your home?

I have never been to Mardi Gras or to New Orleans. New Orleans is on my bucket list however I want to go for the jazz music rather than Mardi Gras. I would chose the purple beads as you can tell since purple is my favorite color.


3. Are you old fashioned?

I am not sure I would be called old-fashioned however I am also not really modern. I like the simple uncomplicated life and don’t need a lot of technology to make it work.


4. Do you carefully plan your vacations, or do you prefer the days to be more spontaneous?

D H is our planner. I go-with-the-flow. D H knows what I like and takes care of me. So far we have no plans.


5.  March is National Sauce Month...what's your favorite sauce, and what do you most often top with this sauce?

I have 2 favorite sauces that I interchange. Caramel sauce and chocolate sauce. I put both on ice cream however I dip apple slices in the caramel sauce. Bananas go well with the chocolate sauce too.

6.  What's something that easily brings a tear to your eye?

My father always said I cry at the drop of a hat. I cry at funerals, weddings, baptisms and especially at commercials. I cry when I watch tv or even while I read. I should have shares in Kleenex.


7. If you could own any sports team, which one would it be and why?

Sorry, no sports team here.


8.  Insert your own random thought here. 

It is still winter. The weatherman has told us to brace ourselves because we might not see Spring until April. On top of everything else the clocks “Spring forward” this weekend and we lose an hour. We have a baptism this weekend for 2 lovely children and I am making sweaters for them. I have a dead-line of only one week. Hopefully I get them finished on time.

Have a wonderful week!