1. As August draws to a close, share what's been your favorite weekend of the entire summer?
We had several lovely weekends this summer. I guess the best would be the weekend we celebrated D H’s birthday. Our son M and his family barbecued hamburgers and hot dogs. We also had a wonderful theatre weekend with our friends M and N. Of course the trip to our son’s cottage was good fun. Overall it has been a wonderful summer.
2. Labor Day is marked in the US of A on Monday, September 1st. What paying job have you held that you've loved the most? Liked the least?
My favourite job was working in a Phone Centre. My least favourite job was being on the telephone and having people yell at me.
3. Does the new school year start before or after Labor Day where you live? When do you think it should begin? There is much discussion now about older students having later start times to their school day...your thoughts?
Our schools start after labour Day. It was assigned years ago so the children could help with the harvest when our society was farm oriented and it has never changed,
4. What's something you've worked at recently that could be deemed a 'labor of love'?
Babysitting the grandchildren is always a labour of love and I love it.
5.Which of the following work idioms can you most relate to right now...'A woman's work is never done.', 'All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.' 'Many hands make light work.'
I’ll go with “All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy” because we are retired and we play a lot.
6. Crab or lobster or thanks, but no thanks? Favorite way to have your choice prepared?
No thanks! I eat absolutely no seafood.
7. Albert Einstein is quoted as saying, 'Three rules of work: Out of clutter find simplicity; From discord find harmony; In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity.' Which of the three do you consider to be the most important? Share one of your own 'rules of work'.
“Out of clutter find simplicity”. Being retired we have time to sort through the clutter in the house and get rid of it. Our lives are much simpler these days,
8. Insert your own random thought here.
It has been a wonderful summer. It was not too hot and we have walked a lot. We have had busy times and some quieter times, a nice balance. September is going to be a quiet time. We have some work on the house to do as well as celebrate my Mom’s birthday and my SIL P’s birthday. We are looking into some cruises for next year which look very exciting. I love planning cruises.
Have a wonderful week everyone!