Friday, September 12, 2014

FRIDAY FRAGMENTS & FOUR FILL IN FUN

 

Half-Past Kissin' Time

Feeling Beachie

 

This week’s co-host is Obi from Eloquent Obi – she came up with all the statements:

The statements:

  1. The beach is a great walk from our house.
  2. Smartphones are okay however I still prefer my old fashioned flip phone.
  3. I like to play with my grandchildren. They keep me young.
  4. My dream of cruising would be fulfilled next year.

It is hard to believe that another has gone past. As I mentioned on Wednesday I have been watching my neighbour’s children before school in the morning. On Monday we got better acquainted and watched some tv. On Tuesday we played outside with chalk on the sidewalk. On Wednesday we got our the bubbles. It was wet on Thursday so we played cards. I have a deck of cards for a memory game. We had a lot of laughs. Today we played the card games again including a game called “slap jack”. We have also been taking the skipping rope to the bus stop. I have enjoyed my week with the kids.

I also babysat on Wednesday. I gave M’s Mom a break. She took the morning sit and I took over at lunch. It is wonderful to see the children growing up. F is loving school. T loves his special time without the girls. E is in grade one at her new school. Her biggest complaint is the washrooms. She says they are not very clean however she loves her teacher and her new friends. School is also too easy.

The weather is cooling down. I got out my jacket as well as my sweaters. I think it is time to put away the shorts and sandals although I may still need them for our upcoming visit to Charleston. It is still in the 40’s there.

D H has taken the dining room table apart and is removing the varnish. He will eventually restain it. In the meantime we have our old table up from the basement. It is in great shape considering it is over 65 years old. It was D H’s parents first table when they got married. We also still have the original chairs.

We are looking forward to a  retirement party on Saturday for our good friends M and D. Our friends M and N are coming into the city for the party as well.

I hope everyone has a good weekend.