Wednesday, September 3, 2014

WEDNESDAY HODGE PODGE

I am joining Joyce for this week’s Hodgepodge. She does a wonderful job of making up the questions.

1.  What's something you wanted to do this summer that you never got around to actually doing?

I never got a chance to go on a river cruise or even a lake cruise. We were just too busy. Maybe next year!


2. Share a favorite memory of your own back -to-school days as a child.

I always enjoyed being part of the choir in high school. We entered the Kiwanis Festival every year and won lots of medals. The festival culminated in a concert in a gorgeous music hall. I will always remember those competitions.

3.  What's one chore or daily task you prefer doing 'old-school' ?

I would say the last chore we do old-school is make the bed otherwise most things involve a machine such as laundry, dish washing and even vacuum cleaning.


4.  Share something you've learned in life through the 'school of hard knocks'.

K I S S – keep it simple stupid. Don’t over complicate things.


5.  As a child, did you mostly bring or buy your lunch for school? What was your favorite thing to find in your lunchbox?

We lived across the street from the school so we came home for lunch every day, even in high school. My favourite treats were my mother’s butter tarts and her chocolate chip cookies.


6. Football season is upon us which has me wondering... how big of a sports fan are you (not just football) ? On a scale of 1-10, with 10 being 'I scream at the players through my television screen' and 1 being 'is knitting a sport?' where do you fall in fandom?

1. I am a knitter.


7. Share a favorite quote you think might inspire students of all ages at the start of a new school year.

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy!

8.  Insert your own random thought here.

I am so glad everyone is returning to the usual routine of blogging. Many bloggers took the summer off. My own daughter H is resurrecting her blog for Mondays -

Acting Balanced

I hope some of the other blog followers will link up with us on Mondays. Thanks again to Joyce for hosting this blog.

1 comment:

  1. Haha. You are a knitter. I think it's a great sport. Unfortunately, I've been on the bench for about a year. :-) Time for me to knit a couple baby sweaters.

    ReplyDelete