Tuesday, November 18, 2014

THOUGHTFUL TUESDAY

 

Time out for Mom

Les asks:

How Big is Your Brave?

As most of my friends and blog readers know I do not like to fly. I am not afraid of being in the sky in an airplane however I am not brave enough to want to fight the security and the line ups in an airport. I get the heebie-jeebies just thinking about it. I prefer to drive and then get on a cruise ship.

First of all you can take a lot of luggage with you and you don’t have to worry about its weight. Secondly once you are on the ship you can unpack your clothes and not worry about your suitcases. Lastly someone else does the driving, the cooking and the cleaning.

There are still many places in the world I would love to explore. I would love to see Australia as well as New Zealand. I have put DH in charge of finding away for me to accomplish this feat without having to fly. It can be done you know as long as you have lots of money and oodles of time.

Another brave thing I have done is retire. Many of my friends are afraid to take that plunge. They fear they will not have anything to do. Of course there is the money worry as well. Personally I say it is time to enjoy life while you have your health. Working can lead to sickness.

My last worry is – Am I brave enough to last the winter? It has already gone below freezing and the weatherman is using the wind chill word. I hope to survive by counting down my days until I cruise in March. I am only 109 days away.

Have a brave day everyone!