1. What's something you take for granted, that when you stop and think about it you feel truly grateful for?
My good health. I talk to people much younger than me who have so many things wrong with them. I feel their quality of life isn’t as good.
2. The color brown-love it or no? What's your favorite shade of brown? Most loved something in your home or closet in a shade of brown?
I love brown. I have pants, skirts, sweaters, blouses as well as jackets. I love pairing it with orange or green as well.
3. What's something you're looking forward to today?
It is Wednesday so it must be our day with the grandchildren.
4. The word 'feminism' is not new, but it has been generating all kinds of headlines in recent days and months. What do you think/feel when you hear the word? If you're a woman, do you want to be described as a feminist? Why or why not?
I come from a long line of feminists. My grandmother was one long before the word had been coined. I taught my daughters to be self-sufficient because no one ever knows when they have to look after themselves.
5. What's something you personally can't eat without making a mess?
Spaghetti. The sauce is more than finger looking good. Any time I wear white pants or a skirt it doesn’t matter what I eat I will spill it.
6. When did you last surprise someone with a little gift or when were you last surprised by someone with a little gift? What was it?
We surprised our friends M & N with a light up number for the outside of their house. They are a new development and everyone gets mixed up with their numbers. They had surprised us in June with a kitchen item from their trip to Newfoundland.
7. Share a favorite quote, saying, song lyric or scripture relating to gratitude.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Sorry I am late getting the Hodge Podge up today. Our day started at 6 am with a call from our son and his wife. They had prepared us last night however we kept hoping we wouldn’t be needed. It turns out we were. Our grandchildren need us to come out early because their other Grammy had gotten snowed in. Instead of working the afternoon and evening shift we were needed for first thing this morning. Grampy took E to school with T along for the ride. I got the job of taking my son to work because his car is in the shop.
I also had some more car trouble. The map lights as well as the reading light in the back of the car would not turn off. I checked the manual and Grampy checked as well. We could not solve the problem so I trundled off to the dealership where a wonderful mechanic fixed the problem by adjusting the dimmer switch.
I guess when it is hectic and out of routine even the simplest things seem overly complicated.
Fortunately M got off work early and it only took us a little over an hour to get home. Hopefully we have beat the biggest part of the snow that is blowing in tonight. Let us hope the other Grammy can be there for her regular Friday shift otherwise I m up to the challenge.