1. What is something in your life right now that feels a little 'hodgepodge'?
I honestly think I have an orderly existence at the moment. There is not a lot of jumble going on. I have all of my yarn ready for my Christmas knitting projects as well as several baby outfits ready. I have started my Christmas baking and even got out some of my linens for the table.
2. What does 'peace on earth, goodwill to men' mean to you?
I actually wish we had more “peace on earth” and a lot more tolerance of other people. We all basically worship the same God even if we do it in different ways. Muslims, Jews and Christians were all started at the same time.
3. Which edible treat you are most looking forward to sampling this December?
I love shortbread and have actually made my first batch. I also love sugar cookies and my MIL’s chocolate chip cookies.
4. It's that most wonderful time of the year...do you agree, and if so why is it so wonderful? If not, what would you say is the most wonderful time of the year?
I agree. I love the music, the movies and the visiting with family and friends,
5. What was the last word you looked up in a dictionary (actual or online) and why?
hodgepodge – because I was going to deconstruct it for my answer to #1 and then changed my mind.
6. Besides a Christmas tree, what is your favorite thing to decorate this time of year?
I decorate the house including the bathroom while DH decorates the outside of the house. We are scaling back this year since we will be going to my son’s house.
7. Share one thing you've learned (about yourself, people, or anything at all) in the Wednesday Hodgepodge, or through blogging in general.
I love meeting people in the blogging world and since I have started my Memory Monday I am learning a lot about their memories. Everyone is welcome to join:
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Last weekend was our theatre weekend away with our friends N & M. We have been going to the shows for 10 years now. For the first time we had our grandchildren come to the Christmas show which was “Snow White”. We had a fabulous time and the children sat through the whole thing. Unfortunately because we are cruising next year we will not be able to follow up.
Congratulations Joyce on your 200th Hodge Podge even though I have only be participating since 2012!