1. Time magazine has selected The Ebola Fighters as their person of the year for 2014. Do you agree, and if so who would you say is a close second? If you disagree with their choice, who do you think should have been chosen?
2. This question comes to you courtesy of Susan who blogs over at Stew Mama Says. She knows we have a wedding happening any minute now, and she asks, 'What's your favorite-something old? something new? something borrowed? something blue in your home? Be sure you hop over and say hi to Susan today!
My something old is my grandmother’s pearls, blue is a garter, new is the wedding dress and something borrowed is the veil.
3. Fudge-yay or nay? Your favorite flavor? Do you make it yourself? With nuts or without?
Absolutely. I have made several batches of chocolate (5 minute Carnation fudge recipe) although the dulce de lache has become our new found love. I do not put nuts in the fudge.
4. December 17th is Wright Brothers Day, commemorating the first successful flights made by Orville and Wilbur Wright in 1903 in Kitty Hawk, North Carolina. How old were you when you made your first flight? Do you like to fly? Have you ever been to Kitty Hawk or other parts of the North Carolina Outer Banks?
I am not a keen flyer as everyone knows however it is the airports that I really dislike. My first flight was in 1972 when I flew to England where I toured for 6 weeks. Sorry have not been to Kitty Hawk or North Carolina Outer Banks.
5. Do the people in your family tend to follow a particular career path, and if so what's the path?
No we do not follow a career path in my immediate family although my sister is a doctor and one her daughters went into medicine.
6. What is one thing you absolutely, positively must accomplish today?
I must get this blog done before I go to babysit my grandchildren.
7. This Christmas I hope everyone can be together with their families and be healthy.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
We are almost ready for Christmas. We are expecting our daughter and her family on the weekend. Let’s hope they have a safe drive. I still have some baking to do but that is ongoing as what I have made so far has been consumed. Another batch of fudge anyone! I also found the holiday Rice Krispies yesterday. I was able to send out e-cards this year by using Jacquie Lawson. I will make a few phone calls to those who don’t have e-mails.
I hope Santa is good to everyone!