Thursday, March 22, 2012

THRIVING THURSDAY

 

This beautiful weather we have been experiencing has put me in the mood for summer.  I can hardly wait.  Although winter was not as long as it should have been it made entering retirement easy.  All of our dreams come from thinking ahead.  Who knew that 23 years ago I would be able to consider getting paid for not working. This month I actually get a raise in pay as another retirement planned payment kicks in.

I think that all of the planning and forethought we have done has made the transition for working to not working very easy.  Anyone who thinks they can stop work one day and be retired the next will face some serious difficulties.  It isn’t just a matter of being able to sleep (which is great) or miss those traffic headaches (okay maybe) but having a plan to use your time wisely.

So how am I filling my time?  Well it is a fantastic time to meet up and talk to friends who have retired before me.  They have been able to show me some of their pitfalls and share their new visions with me.  Of course with Dh already being retired has helped as well.

I have joined several retirement groups.  They met this week and we shared lunch and jokes.  It was good fun. I also had time to enjoy my granddaughters who keep us young.  I am impressed with their insights into day to day living.  Of course they are also a little closer to the ground but their sight is 20/20.  We will have another opportunity on Friday night so that my son and daughter-in-law can enjoy their birthday dinner in peace.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY M.  IT WAS A GREAT DAY WHEN YOU CAME INTO OUR LIVES!!