Tuesday, December 4, 2012

WEDNESDAY HODGE PODGE

 

1.  Share your traditions surrounding the Christmas stocking.

We don’t have a chimney but stockings were hung by the door every year. D H never had a stocking until he married me. When the children were little the stockings were filled with books, socks and little treats. None of the items were wrapped because Santa didn’t have time. The big Santa gift was left under the stocking. The children could open their stockings before breakfast.

These days we don’t fill the stockings because our gift to each other is a cruise (which  is a little hard to pack and it is not a surprise).


2.  How many hours of sleep do you average at night?  Is it enough?

I have become a very poor sleeper because I actually do not have to get up at any particular time. I also do my best blogging in the middle of the night when D H is sleeping and not on the computer.


3.  If you had to give up one thing for the remainder of this year what would it be?

I would probably give up my telephone because most of my friends will visit and I can keep in touch by Skyping and e-mail.


4.  The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge (or Wills and Kate as I like to call them) have announced they're expecting a baby. Do you follow news of the Royals?

Yes! It is hard to miss since every news cast talks about them. My grandmother was a very dedicated Royal watcher. She associated herself with the Queen Mom.


5.  For me,  the sound of childhood is__laughter especially the belly ones.


6.  Fruit cake-yay or boo? What's your favourite dessert made with fruit?

I don’t mind fruitcake although I don’t actually make it. My favourite dessert is apple pie.


7. What is one thing you want to accomplish before 2012 comes to an end?

I would like to complete all of my knitting projects before Christmas. I still have several sweaters to go.


8.  Insert your own random thought here.

We have started decorating the house. I will start baking tomorrow. We will get ready for our Open House on Sunday. I expect about 60 people. It is our way of sharing with our friends and neighbours. We love to serve them our Christmas cheer.