Wednesday, July 24, 2013

WEDNESDAY HODGE PODGE

 

Royal Hodgepodge

Welcome to this week's edition of the Wednesday Hodgepodge!

1. July 24th is Amelia Earhart Day.  Earhart was the first female to fly solo across the Atlantic Ocean.  What's something you've recently accomplished solo?

Tough question! Since I have retired I spend a lot of time with D H. About the only time I get away is to babysit the grandchildren. He stays home while I take care of them.


2.  What's one product you use that never ever fails?

Vinegar! I recently used it on my couch to freshen it.


3. Have you found your place in the world? Where is it?

Yes! I am retired and this is the best place to be.


4.  Worst movie you ever saw?

I am not a big movie fan however I saw the movie about Clark Gable and Carole Lombard in a theatre and it came on TV within 2 months. I have never gone to a movie theatre since.


5. What's the last fun thing you did?

Played trains with the neighbourhood children. I had a 4 year old, 18 month old and an 10 month old on the veranda. It was a lot of fun.


6. The month of July is named for Roman Emperor Julius Caesar...ever been to Rome? What's your favourite Italian dish?

Yes and we are going back this November. I flew out of Rome after our Mediterranean cruise and vowed I would never fly into see it again so we are on a 42 day cruise from Fort Lauderdale to Rome and back.

My favourite Italian dish is Veal Marsala.


7. What is one piece of advice you'd offer new mom Kate Middleton?

Don’t sweat the small stuff!


8.  Insert your own random thought here.

Cooler, drier weather has returned to our area so we have been able to walk our favourite beach park. I love the sound of the waves crashing on to shore.

IMG_1503IMG_1504

Have a great day and enjoy the view.