Wednesday, July 3, 2013

WEDNESDAY HODGEPODGE

 

 

1. What's one simple small pleasure on your summer 'to-do' list?

Believe it or not I don’t have time to read anymore. Hopefully since the whirlwind June has gone I will find a few minutes to sit on the porch with a cup of tea and a good book.


2. Do you have strong feelings or opinions regarding the immigration debate in your home country? Feel free to share your thoughts, but please play nice.

Canada is a country of immigrants. My in-laws came to Canada after WWII and I am so glad they did.


3.  What's something in your home or wardrobe that could be described as 'star spangled'?

I do like a bit of sparkle however I don’t have a star-spangled outfit.


4.  Is your house set up for a party?

Not really! The dining room table is being used as a card table. We have marathon “Hand and Foot” games. Having said that – there  is always a pot of tea or coffee or a cold drink available when you stop by.

5. What one never-before-visited city in America, would you most like to see?

I actually have 3 cities I would love to see. They are Memphis, Nashville and Branson. I love Elvis and country music.


6. Your favourite red food? White food? Blue food?

Red – Strawberry Daiquiri; White – Vanilla Ice Cream; Blue – Blue Cheese Dressing


7. What freedom do you value the most, and why?

I love the freedom to be me. No one tells me when to get up, when to go to bed and now I don’t even have a boss to tell me to get some work done.


8.  Insert your own random thought here.

It was a sad day yesterday as we said goodbye to our daughter H’s family. They spent the month of June with us. It was a whirlwind of activity. We also kept up with our 2 1/2 year old son who loves to run and play. The train box came out and all or the neighbours’ children came to play with E.

We did lots of family things while they were here including our annual trek to Centre Island. We have been going for nearly 4 years now. Our policy is the more the merrier. We fill the wagon with food and take a stroller for the younger ones. We had a perfect day to go with a little cloud cover and no rain. The kids enjoyed the rides many times over. E’s favourite by far was the fire truck ride and as long as no other children needed his truck he could ride for as long as he wanted to. The older children liked the log flume ride. Just be careful as the front seat gets wet. The roller coaster was also a big hit. The pirate ship really rocked.

We finished the day with ice cream as we waited for the ferry ride home.

IMG_5951

IMG_5968

IMG_5974

IMG_5987