Wednesday, July 31, 2013

WEDNESDAY HODGE PODGE

 

1. Share one way you think the world has changed for the better since you were a kid? The kids are learning more in school and at a faster rate. I didn’t get to go school until I was 5 and my children start when they are 3.


2. How 'bout one way it's changed for the worse? Traffic!  It isn’t as safe as it used to be. We used to be able to play ball on the street.


3. Starlight, starfish, starling, Starbucks...your favourite 'star'? I am partial to the Northern star. It is easily recognized in the Big Dipper.


4. Name a song that's overplayed, but you love it anyway. My songs aren’t played very often anymore. I don’t listen to the radio except in the car and often we use our MP3 player instead.


5. When did you last have home made ice cream? Your latest favourite flavour? The first time we made homemade ice cream we were at the cottage and we had given my Dad an ice cream maker. He was so excited that he bought the heaviest cream possible from the local dairy and my mother made a custard with 6 eggs in it. We took turns cranking the ice cream. It was yellow and tasted like French Vanilla. The funny thing is my Dad broke out in hives because he allergic to the cream and my husband couldn’t eat it because of his egg allergy. Needless to say the next batch was with lighter cream and no eggs although we did add fresh peaches to it. Yummy! Right now I am enjoying ice cream bars because they are less messy.


6. What do you think is the best way to inspire or motivate people? Motivation comes from inside however if there is a reward they want, it is easier to achieve.


7. When was the last time you were without power? It has been a while since we lost power. Our hydro systems have been updated. I do notice that when there is a major power failure that 9 months later there are a lot of babies.


8. Insert your own random thought here.

The days and nights have been a lot cooler. D H and I love it. We are walking more and building up our stamina for our 2 week cruise to Norway, Scotland and Ireland. It is only 2 weeks away. We had a planning meeting with the other 2 couples on Sunday. We have started our packing. Our walks have taken us to the beach and yesterday we walked the boardwalk. It was 4 kilometers long. D H took a few pictures.  Here is what we saw:

IMG_1508IMG_1517IMG_1518IMG_1522IMG_1524IMG_1525IMG_1528IMG_1529