Friday, April 11, 2014

FRIDAY FRAGMENTS & FOUR FILL IN FUN

 

Half-Past Kissin' Time             

Feeling Beachie

 

This week’s co-host is Leslie from Time Out For Mom! I REALLY NEED STATEMENTS!

The statements:

  1. Playing with my grandchildren is my way to get my exercise in, instead of going to a gym.
  2. My favorite meal is breakfast. I always wake up hungry.
  3. I am nothing like the dancers on “Dancing with the Stars”.
  4. One thing I wish I could do better is spend more time with all of my grandchildren even the ones who live so far away.

I am so glad to be retired. I don’t know if I would have time to get everything done and still work. Flexibility is the key this week. Our plans for May keep changing by the minute. Originally we were travelling to South Carolina to help babysit our grandchildren while our SIL was in China however he is no longer going on his trip. Now we have been asked to babysit the other grandchildren so my son and his wife can spend a few days away. Back to the drawing board.

Our search for a doctor has not been as successful as we would have liked.We were given a name and told we would be called back when they have the time to see us. So we are back to hunting around the neighbourhood for a doctor who has room to take us. Apparently they have to interview us and then decide if they will care for us. 

We did have a wonderful lunch with my girlfriend B. We met halfway between our homes at a favourite restaurant. This place gives us a free dessert when we celebrate our birthdays. We also had a coupon for a free appetizer. It was wonderful to get out of the city and see each other after a long hard winter. Hopefully we will get in a few more visits before the snow flies again.

Hopefully Spring is winning the battle over Winter. Please leave winter with grace and dignity because you have stayed too long. Winter has worn out its welcome. Spring, however means lots of projects. D H is going to renovate the basement bathroom. The house needs new siding and the garden needs new plants. I still have lots of baby blankets and outfits to make. I have no girl sets left.

I am going to get out and enjoy the sunshine today and walk the neighbourhood. Hope you can get out and about today as well. Have a great weekend.