Wednesday, April 30, 2014

WEDNESDAY HODGEPODGE

 

1. April showers bring May flowers or so the saying goes. Are you blooming where you're planted as we begin the month of May?

Yes we are finally seeing a few shoots. Our neighbours across the street have better gardens because they get the afternoon sun. We hope that once these rainy days are over we will actually have some flowers.


2. On a scale of 1-10, with 1 being no big deal, and 10 being full scale panic, rank your fear of spiders.

I will go with #1. Spiders don’t bother me. They are actually good for catching mosquitoes. A few cobwebs are no problem.


3. May is National Salad Month (who knew???)...besides lettuce, what are two must-have ingredients in your favorite salad?

I have to have  dried cranberries and flax seed in my salads.


4. I mentioned on my blog last week that my Daughter1 will be moving to Washington State after she is married. Of the following sites in the Northwest, which would you most like to see in person-Crater Lake (Oregon), Seattle (Washington), Vancouver (British Columbia), San Juan Islands (Washington),  Mt. Rainer (Washington) Oregon Coast (Oregon), Mt. St. Helens (Washington), or Olympic National Park (Washington)

D H and I would love to see Seattle Washington. A lot of the West Coast cruises leave from there. We have heard of Pike’s Market and would love to see it in person.


5. This coming weekend marks the 140th running of the Kentucky Derby...when did you last race (literally or figuratively) to cross a finish line?

I am not a big runner however every once in a while I take on a knitting or crocheting project that has a deadline so I drop everything else until it gets done. Case in point was in March when I made 2 sweaters for a christening gift in just a week.


6. What is something little you love?

I love my little grandchildren. They are awesome. Of course I love my big grandchildren as well. My oldest granddaughter turned 16 yesterday. Where has the time gone?


7. Would you say you are more of a visual, auditory, or kinaesthetic learner? Elaborate.

It would definitely be kinaesthetic. I am a hands on learner. I should have come from Missouri because you have to show me.


8.  Insert your own random thought here.

This is s a stay at home week. Partly because we are getting some very heavy rain and because we are waiting for the hydro company to come by to assess our outside wires before we put up new siding. They can show up at any time. They do not call and they do not make appointments. They expect everyone to be at their beck and call. I guess they figure no one has a life.

We have a busy weekend ahead. We are going to see “Going Bananas” at the Famous people players with our retirement group on Saturday. On Sunday we will celebrate grandson T’s first birthday. Time seems to be flying by, but at least we are having fun. Have a good week!