1. April 22nd is Earth Day. Are you inspired by nature? In what way?
DH graduated in Forestry so hiking in the woods and identifying trees has been very important to us.
2. Down to earth, four corners of the earth, move heaven and earth, not have an earthly chance, or salt of the earth...which earthly idiom have you most recently encountered? Explain.
Down to earth! We are very practical people and have been advising our friends on the benefits of retirement.
3. Share one piece of advice you might give a newly engaged couple.
May all of your troubles be little ones!
4. When did you last engage someone to perform a job, task, service, home repair, or improvement? On a scale of 1-10 (ten being the best) how would you rate their work and/or your satisfaction with the job or service provided?
We are in the process of getting quotes to have new siding put on the house. We have spoken with several people however we have only gotten one estimate and DH thinks it is a bit high. WE are still working on it.
5. When did you last find yourself engaged in small talk? Are you awkward or an expert or somewhere in between?
Today while we were at the doctor’s office. I have never had a problem speaking with anyone. I usually pick up a clue when the other person says something. In Canada if you have nothing else to talk about you can talk about the weather.
6. What was the last historic place you visited?
We visited a lot of historical places on our last cruise. We saw Etruscan tombs in Italy. The rock of Gibraltor in Gibraltor. There were also museums in Spain as well as Casa Blanca.
7. The world would be a better place if we just_took the time to understand where other people have been or are going. We should all walk in each other’s shoes once in a while.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
We celebrated daughter C’s birthday as well as Easter this weekend. We have found a doctor and we like her. Thanks to my sister B for sharing her doctor with us. Thanks to the doctor for taking us in. Our next birthday is grandson T. He turns one on Thursday. Hard to believe it has been a year. It has been fun to watch him grow. I am sad because I have no more babies to cuddle.
Have a wonderful week. Thank you Joyce at From this side of the pond for hosting this meme.