I am joining my 2 favourite bloggers today – Everyday Rurality (thanks Patrice and Wendall) and Les at Time Out for Mom.
- What are you doing for Easter? We are celebrating our daughter C’s birthday. She wants pork souvlaki and has shoe shaped cupcakes.
- How many spring flowers have you noticed the last week or so? Not many and today they are buried under 5 cm of snow. There have been a few snow drops and lots of shoots.
- What was your favorite thing in an Easter basket, or as dessert at Easter dinner? It has to be chocolate.
- If you were a dog, what kind would you be? I am not a dog person however I would like to be a huskie. They are slim and trim and hardworking animals.
- What are your favorite pizza toppings? Chicken and broccoli.
Tell me about a time someone made a completely wrong assumption about you.
(And did you totally throat punch them?)
There have been many occasions when someone has made a wrong assumption about me. The first one to come to mind took place many years ago. I had just started to sell Avon and attended a sales meeting. Avon was very formal at the time and expected their reps to look well put together. I went to the meeting dressed up with my hair done and my makeup on. I was called to the front by the manager. I was introduced and she listed my accomplishments. I had a goal at the time to be the best so I was flattered.
The other ladies at the meeting thought I was too good for them and that I was stuck up. After several meetings their concept changed. I offered wonderful advice and complimented the others on their work. Once they understood my goals we became good friends.
I gave up selling Avon 14 years ago however I have many of the friends I made back then. How you look on the outside is not what is on the inside.
The other incident that came to mind was a lesson i learned from my Grandmother. I was young and made the comment that a woman should not wear white shoes with black stockings. At that point my grandmother suggested that those might be the only shoes she had. I never looked at people wearing shoes or other clothing in the same light.
Have a wonderful week and thank you for sharing in my blog.