Wednesday, February 6, 2013

WEDNESDAY HODGEPODGE

 

I love joining Joyce on her Wednesday Hodge Podge. She asks great questions.

 

1. Chinese New Year will be celebrated on February 10th, and 2013 is the year of the snake.  When did you last see a snake?  Are you okay around snakes or do they give you the shivers?

The last time I saw a snake was at the Charleston Aquarium with our grandchildren. I like snakes that are behind glass.

 

 

IMG_0416

2. The color red in Chinese culture usually means good luck.  Do you believe in luck? 

I think you have to make you own luck. You can’t win a lottery if you don’t buy a ticket.

3. sledding-ice skating-building a snowman...if given a choice, which activity would you choose?  Which of the three have you done most recently?  

None of the above.

4.  Ralph Waldo Emerson is credited as saying, "The years teach much which the days never knew."  Where have you seen this quote played out in your own life?  

I learn something new everyday and I am especially thankful when my grandchildren teach me something.

5. When was the last time you ate a cupcake?  

I made banana cupcakes last month.

6. What's something you can't say no to?  

I can’t say no to D H. Also I have hard time saying no to my grandchildren.

7.  Are you a doodler?  

No!

8.  Insert your own random thought here.

I have never spent so much time watching the weather. We keep looking at the long range forecast for a good day to get away. The bags are packed and I can leave at a moments notice. Can hardly wait!