Wednesday, February 13, 2013

WEDNESDAY HODGEPODGE

 
Love is in the Air and in the Hodgepodge

Welcome to this week's edition of the Wednesday Hodgepodge. So glad you joined the party today... Here we go~

1. This week marks the beginning of Lent...will you be giving something up or adding anything to your life during this season of the year?

No. I am not a follower of religious activities.

2. The day before Lent is Shrove Tuesday...tradition states you eat pancakes on this day. In some parts of the world Shrove Tuesday is actually known as 'pancake day'.  How do you like your pancakes?  Or don't you?

I don’t eat pancakes very often anymore since the children left home. D H is allergic to eggs so I don’t have them in the house very often. If I have a choice I prefer French toast.

3. I'm sure there are many, but what is one love song you really love?

I love too many to think of just one.

4. What are some things you do to let others know you love them?

I try to give a little of myself.

5. Roses...red, pink, or some other color?  Can you recall the last time someone gave you flowers?  Given your choice would you like to open the door and see a dozen red roses, a dozen purple tulips, or a dozen pink peonies?

My granddaughter gave me flowers for babysitting her. I am allergic to tulips and peonies when they come inside so I will stick with roses and my favourite are yellow.

6. President's Day will be celebrated next Monday. Does Presidential history and trivia interest you?  Many Presidential homes are open to the public and offer guided tours...Monticello (Jefferson's home), Mount Vernon (Washington's home), Montpelier (James Madison's home), Hyde Park (FD Roosevelt's home) and The White House (home to the sitting President), to name just a few.  Of those listed, which would you be most interested in touring?  Why?

Canadians will celebrate “Family Day” instead of President’s Day. I probably will never tour any of the houses.

7. Are you good at keeping secrets?

No! Have you heard of telephone. telegraph and telejudy!

8.  Insert your own random thought here.

D H and I are so glad we left Canada before the big storm last week. We love being in South Carolina with H and family. Our grandsons L and E are growing like bad weeds. Our granddaughter R brought home a backpack full of homework. The backpack had to weigh more than 20 pounds. H and W managed a quick date until they were called home by the boys.

It has been raining the last few days so we have been shopping. I am bringing home lots of funky wool as well as some T-shirts and sweaters. Apparently I find more things in Van Husen than D H.

We leave for Tampa on Friday and will meet up with our good friends N and M. Hopefully the cruise ship is completely void of the “Norwalk virus”.