Tuesday, April 8th/14
Fill in the Blank: "I am Not My....."
Thank you Les at Time out for Mom for this inspiring topic today. After 62 years it can be hard to define myself. Who am I?
I am the daughter of two wonderful parents who will have been married 65 years next week. Even though they had their ups and downs while raising me I hope they feel they were successful.
I am a wife to an amazing man who does the cooking and the cleaning. He plans our trips and renovates our house. He is also the father of 3 children as well as the grandfather to 6. He is my dance partner and card playing buddy. (He even lets me win once in a while)
I am the mother of 2 girls and 1 boy who have married wonderful people. I am retired now and look forward to spending time with my grandchildren and hubby. I want to travel and see the world particularly from a cruise ship. I want many more years with my hubby of 41 years.
I am happy with who I am and with what I am doing. I hope you are too. Have a wonderful Tuesday and take life as it comes. Enjoy the moment.
Here are our questions for this week:
- What has kept you busy lately? Birthday parties and making the sweaters as gifts.
- Are you making or creating anything? Yes, knitting sweaters for Easter as well as making more baby blankets..
- What are you really hungry for right now? I just ate breakfast. It is my favourite meal of the day however the weather has not been conducive to BBQing so I would love a steak
- What song has stuck in your head lately? I have been spending time with my young grandson and he really likes “Row, row your boat”
- If I could celebrate my upcoming birthday with you, what would we do? I love tea parties so we would have a cup of tea, finger sandwiches and cupcakes.