Tuesday, April 30, 2013

TUESDAY COFFEE CHAT

 

I am joining Les at Time Out for Mom for today’s coffee chat:

Skipping Out!

This is the time of year which brings back fond memories of when I might not be found sitting in class during school hours:  for various reasons.  If you could "skip" a day -- what would you do?

Skipping out has never been easier since I retired. My days are spent moving at a more leisurely pace. I can take my time over my coffee and my breakfast. There is no need to hurry. I am even in night clothes as I write this at 10:27 am. Unless I have a function I need to attend I can take my time.

When I was working I would think about getting out and walking around. I love to walk the beach and I love to plan our trips. I never really skipped school when I was in high school although I loved to get out of gym. It was easy to fake an injury especially with my wonky ankle. It could turn out in a minute and I would limp through the day.

These days I love to spend time with the grandchildren. They keep me young and on my toes. I think I would love to go `skipping`with them.

Whatever you do have a great day and enjoy the Spring now that it has arrived!