Wednesday, April 17, 2013

WEDNESDAY HODGE PODGE

 

Every Wednesday bloggers meet here for a fun random meme known as The Wednesday Hodgepodge. Thanks to Joyce for being a marvellous host.

Here we go-

1. April 15th is the deadline for Americans to file their state and federal income tax returns.  What's a job you do on a regular basis that could be described as 'taxing'?

In Canada our tax deadline is April 30th and doing the taxes is taxing. This year is especially difficult because it is my first form since I retired. Hubby does the actual work on the form for me however keeping him from killing me is most taxing of all. Unfortunately I also have to give the government a cheque.

2. I'm participating in the April A-Z blog challenge, and the Hodgepodge happens to fall on Day O this week. In keeping with that theme...olives, onions, oysters, okra...of the foods mentioned, what's your favourite O food?

I love olives and I used to make olive sandwiches. I don’t eat them as often as I used to because they are salty.


3.  What is something memorable you experienced as a child that your own children (or future children/nieces/nephews) will not get to experience?

I spent my whole summer at the cottage. My children were lucky enough to get a few days a year there however my grandchildren will never have that priviledge as the cottage has been sold.


4. Term limits for our elected officials...your thoughts?

Yes there should be a limit to the terms an elected official can stay in office especially our senators who appointed not elected. A lot of patronage jobs and they don’t seem to do much.

 

5. On April 18th, 1775, Paul Revere made his famous 'midnight ride'...when did you last make a midnight ride?  Perhaps the fate of a nation wasn't hanging in the balance, but tell us where you were headed anyway.

Midnight rides are in the very distant past. We don’t like to drive at night and unless it is New Year’s Eve we are home and in bed by 10pm.


6.  What would freak you out more...a mouse running across your floor or a big fat hairy spider?

Definitely the mouse. I can appreciate a spider but mice seem so messy and dirty.

7. I love it when people ask me how old I am especially when I want a senior’s discount.

8.  Insert your own random thought here

Spring seems to finally be arriving. D H was out planning his garden as he barbequed dinner last night. I was also worried with so many babies on the way this year that the boys would out number the girls however according to my blanket delivery I think it could be pretty even. I just know I am working very hard at my knitting and crocheting to keep up. As fast as I finish a set I have an order for 2 more. I wonder if there is something in the water or was it just a very long winter?