Wednesday, April 10, 2013

WEDNESDAY HODGE PODGE

 

Hodgepodge Questions


Every Wednesday bloggers meet here for a fun random meme known as The Wednesday Hodgepodge.  All are welcome to join the party, and you'll find the how-to by clicking this link.
Now, onto the questions-

1. Share one fun thing you did last week, while the Hodgepodge was on 'spring break'.

I changed my hair colour from red to blonde. You can see my hair on my Sunday in the City blog.


2.  April 10th is National Sibling Day...do you have siblings, and if so are you close? Share a favourite story featuring one or all of your siblings. If you don't have siblings, did you ever wish you did?

I am the oldest of 4 children. I have 2 sisters and a brother. One sister is 18 months younger and the other is 9 years younger. My brother is 3 years younger. I am closest to my younger sister since we live in the same part of town also our husbands worked together for years. My one sister is a doctor and lives in the same city as my parents. I always said that she learned to be a doctor because I taught everything she knows.

3. Is it important to you to 'buy American'? Why or why not? How much of an effort do you make to 'buy American'? If you're not American, insert your own country in the blank.

I am Canadian however I do shop in the US since there is a larger selection and sometimes better deals however I still shop very carefully. I do try to support local businesses in our area.


4. Besides The Bible, what book has impacted your spirituality in some way?

I am not very spiritual however I did take a university course on “Ways of being religious” It was wonderful and gave me an appreciation of all of the religions. I believe in God just not the church.


5. April showers bring May flowers or so the saying goes.  Do you find rainy days calming or depressing?  When were you last caught in a rainstorm? What's blooming in your neck of the woods today?

I understand the need for rain and love the garden however I miss my walks when it is cold and rainy. We are even expecting snow this week. The poor crocuses keep poking their heads out and going back in just the groundhog should have.


6. What's your favourite yellow food?

Bananas. I have a mean banana cake recipe as well.


7. April is National Poetry Month...what's a poem that holds special meaning for you, and why is it special?

Not really into poetry and my memory is short these days.


8.  Insert your own random thought here.

D H and I are off to visit my parents. We are going to celebrate my Dad’s 86th birthday which is actually on Saturday. We haven’t been to see them since last fall because the weather has been so poor. Even now the forecast is not great however we will drive carefully.

It is also getting closer to the arrival of our newest grandson. It looks like he should arrive on time. This is going to be a baby year. Every time I talk to our friends I hear of another baby on the way. Good thing I bought that extra wool as I am going to need it.