Thursday, May 23, 2013

THRIVING THURSDAY

pondering with a purpose - wind

Welcome to Pondering with a Purpose – by Brenda Youngerman

Today's prompt is: Wind

I enjoy participating in Brenda’s ponderings especially when words can have so many meanings. Words that can be both nouns as well as verbs.

Wind as a noun is a thing of nature. It blows everything around. A gentle wind can provide us with a refreshing breeze on a hot day. It can make little lapping waves on water. However as the wind intensifies it can be scary especially when accompanied by rain or thunder and lightening. Wind can also cause havoc with snow especially when it blows across highways or oceans.

During the summer we outran a storm with 100 mile and hour winds that was crossing the North  Atlantic from Newfoundland to Iceland.

IMG_1073

The wind can be calming or it can be devastating. Of course their is the wind that comes from ourselves which can be smelly or noisy when we pass it.

Of course as a verb it actually sounds different. I wind my wool before I use it. My hubby winds the cord to the vacuum as well the garden hose. I wind up toys for the grandchildren as well as wind up babysitting them as well because they can wind me around their little fingers.

So which ever way the wind blows or you wind up in a special place I hope you have a great week and thanks for pondering with me.