Wednesday, May 22, 2013

WEDNESDAY HODGE PODGE

 

Here are the questions for this week's Wednesday Hodgepodge.

1. It's National Bike Week...do you own a bicycle? When did you last ride a bike?

No I don’t own a bike and the last time I was on a bike was at a gym and that was at least 7 years ago.


2. What's something you learned in school that wasn't part of the curriculum?

I joined the drama club because my best friend could act. I learned that I could not.


3. What's a food you've never tried, but want to try? What's a food you've tried and will never try again?

I am not very adventurous when it comes to food. Having allergies makes it hard. I also prefer sweet to savoury.


4. Have you been more demanding on yourself lately or less? Why? Do you think that's a good trend?

No since I retired I don’t have demands on my time. I have made some commitments especially with the grandchildren but that is fun.

5. Who is your favourite book, movie, or TV show villain?

I don’t read too many books with villains in them nor do I watch movies or TV shows with them either. I like Joyce’s answer of the “Wicked witch” from the “Wizard of Oz” so I will agree with her.


6. How concerned are you about identity theft?

I am not too worried however I don’t show pictures of my grandchildren nor do I have “Facebook”.


7. I saw this last question on Dawn's blog a couple of week's ago and asked if I could share. Everybody hop over and say hi, but first answer this...would you rather have an ordinary home in an extraordinary place or an extraordinary home in an ordinary place?

As anyone who follows my blog knows I live in a 6 room closet. I love it because it is an ordinary house however we love the location. We are close to shopping, beaches and transit as well as major highways. So I guess I would pick an ordinary house in an extraordinary location. As the realtors say “Location, Location, Location”


8.  Insert your own random thought here.

I am so glad to see Summer arriving. It is wonderful to be able to get out for walks again. I love not having to bundle up in coats and hats. We even ate out on the patio the other day. I am sad that several of our activities are winding down for the summer and since we will be away in the Fall we will miss them even more.