Tuesday, May 14, 2013

TUESDAY COFFEE CHAT

 

 

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Tuesday Coffee Chat: Mommy Dearest


What is the most joyous thing about being a mother?   What is the hardest?   Feel free to give a shout out for your own dear mama.

I have 3 wonderful children and 6 amazing grandchildren. When I married D H I wanted 12 children because I firmly believed in “Cheaper by the Dozen”. Fortunately D H was made of sturdier stuff and we only had 3.  We also had them very close to each other. There is only 2 1/2 years between all 3. I was lucky enough to be home with them for 12 years without looking for outside work.

It has been wonderful to see them all through school as well as being married. We love our 2 son-in-laws and our terrific daughter-in-law. They is always a challenge with children but the accomplishments far out weigh the problems.

We never had a lot of money because I stayed home however they were well-fed and well dressed. I made their sweaters, hats and mitts as well their afghans for their beds. They enjoyed summers at the cottage and summer schools were close by.

I like to think my mother as well as my grandmother were wonderful inspirations. They lead the way for my raising the children and were close enough to help when needed.

The only thing I can say though is “if I had known how wonderful grandchildren were I would have had them first”.

IMG_1382

My Mother (taken on Mother’s Day 2013)