Wednesday, August 7, 2013

WEDNESDAY HODGE PODGE

 

Hodgepodge Questions-Volume

Here are the questions for this week's Wednesday Hodgepodge. 

 

1. The first week of August is National Simplify Your Life Week...what's one thing you could do this week to qualify as a participant?

We have really simplified our life since we retired. We don’t take the car out as often. We walk to the grocery store and we make our own meals without buying pre-packaged foods.


2. It's also National Peach Month...peach pie, peach cobbler, or please pour me a Bellini?  What's your peach pleasure?

D H’s favourite pie is peach pie. I also used to can my own peaches as well as make peach jam.


3. Eleanor Roosevelt once wrote, "Do one thing every day that scares you." Agree or disagree...explain.

I don’t think I want to do a scary thing every day. I do think highly of Eleanor Roosevelt and my granddaughter is named for her.


4. What's your favourite household chore?  Yes-you have to name one.

I actually like doing the laundry. I love the feel and smell of fresh cleaned clothes.


5. Fodors recently listed (what they've dubbed) the ten most beautiful sunset spots in America. Click here to read more and see the pretty pictures, but this is their list:
Butterfly Beach in Santa Monica CA, Mount Haleakala in Maui HI, Old Fort Marcy Park in Santa Fe NM, Laguna Beach CA, Hopi Point in Grand Canyon AZ, Four Seasons in Miami FL, Santa Monica Pier in Santa Monica CA, Gay Head in Martha's Vineyard MA, Ensign Peak in Salt Lake City UT, and Mallory Square in Key West Florida.
Have you seen the sun set from any of these spots?  If you could choose to watch the sun set this weekend from one spot on the Fodors List, which would you choose?  Where was the prettiest sunset you've ever seen?

We have some spectacular sunsets in Canada as well. I have seen them from the East Coast as well as the West Coast however we see  fabulous sunsets when we cruise.


6. What's your favourite or most used app?  If you don't use apps how about your favourite or most visited website?

I visit my daughter’s and sil’s websites everyday. I also use Skype every day to talk to my mother.


7. We've recently passed the halfway mark for 2013...write a seven word sentence that sums up your year thus far.

We have been cruising through this year!


8.  Insert your own random thought here.

We are just one week away from our next cruise. This is a short one, only 14 days. We will be visiting Belgium, Ireland, Scotland, Norway and Denmark. Before we go D H has been working in the garden. Here are some of his beautiful flowers.

IMG_6357IMG_6358IMG_6359IMG_6360

Have a great week everyone!