Tuesday, January 1, 2013

WEDNESDAY HODGE PODGE

 

Here we go~

1.  How did you ring in the new year?

We rang in the year with our ballroom dancing friends. You can see dome of the fun on my Wordless Wednesday post.


2.  What is one thing you are looking forward to in 2013?

I have many things to celebrate in 2013. D H and I will have been married 40 years and the children have decided to throw a party for us. We have a new grandson coming in April. We have 3 cruises planned this year as well. In the meantime we will keep busy around the house and going to the theatre.


3.  Steven Spielberg is quoted as saying, "All of us every single year, we're a different person.  I don't think we're the same person all our lives."  What say you?

Fundamentally we are who we are. We are born a certain way and then circumstances make us what we are. Someone said that most people will not retire from a company after working there their whole lives like our parents used. Our children may have 5 – 10 different jobs in their life time. Our roles in life also make us change such as being a parent to being a grandparent. Also being retired has changed how I challenge life these days. I am still outgoing and fun-loving and that won’t change.

4. The Pantone color of the year for 2013 is emerald green. Like or dislike? Do you already own something this color?  Will you add something in this shade to your home or wardrobe in 2013?

Oh I love emerald green. I don’t need to buy anything as I already have several pieces of that colour in my wardrobe. I fit right in when I am in Dublin.


5.  Speaking of emerald...what's your favourite gemstone?

I do like emeralds however Amethyst is my birthstone and as you can tell I love purple.


6. Share a favourite book or movie from 2012.

I didn’t see any movies this year however I enjoyed reading on the summer cruise and being part of a the book club. We read 2 books by a Dutch author. I thoroughly enjoyed the stories as well as the discussions.


7.  What is something you want to tell yourself at the start of this brand new year?

Stay happy! Stay in touch with family and friends! Have a great time every day!  Life is too short to let it slip by.


8.  Insert your own random thought here.

I have officially been retired for one year. YEAH!! I have reconnected with friends and family. I have found my passion for knitting again. I have seen more of my neighbourhood this year than in I did in all the other years. I can hardly wait to embark on this year’s journey through life. I look forward to everyday.