Wednesday, January 9, 2013

WEDNESDAY HODGE PODGE

 

Questions for the Wednesday Hodgepodge:

Some weeks the Hodgepodge seems to roll around faster than others, doesn't it? Here are this weeks questions...

1. What is ONE thing or area in your home or life you hope to report is completely organized when 2013 draws to a close?  Do you  have a plan to make it happen?

The house is in the beginning stages of being repainted. The dining room ceiling was done yesterday. On with the walls!


2. What's the worst uniform you've ever had to wear for a job?

I only had one job that required a uniform and that was my first job with the City as a park attendant. Keeping it washed was the hardest part.


3. What was your last kitchen 'mishap'?  This question comes to you courtesy of Betty who blogs over at A Glimpse Into Midlife...everyone go say hi to Betty!

Since I don’t cook I only bake so the last mishap in the kitchen was when the apple pie overflowed on the wrong baking pan. D H complained it was too hard to clean however he fixed anyway.


4. How do you protect yourself from other people's negativity?

Essentially being a positive person I tried laughter and joking with other people. I also give them another perspective if I can.


5. Who in your family do you favour most (physically)? If you have children, who do people say they favour? Do you agree?

I can honestly say I am throwback to my grandmother.

img026The only difference is that she was 4foot 11 inches and I am 5 foot 3 inches. She loved tea and reading and adored children. She was my inspiration and life-saver.

My middle daughter C is almost a perfect image of my sister P except in height. They have moles in the same place as well as the same shaped fingernails.


6. January 8th is National Bubble Bath Day...will you be celebrating?

Absolutely! bring on the bubble bath.


7.  Some of the 'world's best winter festivals' are - Mardi Gras (New Orleans), Quebec Winter Festival (Canada), Sundance Film Festival (Park City, Utah),  Rio Carnivale (Brazil), Sapporo Snow Festival (Japan), Venice Carnival (Italy) and the Harbin Ice Festival (Northern China).  Of those listed (and if cost were not a factor) which would you most like to attend and why?

I would love to do Mardi Gras in New Orleans. New Orleans is on my bucket list.


8.  Insert your own random thought here.

I hope everyone notices the countdown clock on my blog. D H is getting his tour hat on and looking for places of interest in Tampa. We will be spending an extra day in Tampa as we meet up with our friends who surprised us by joining the cruise.  Not only did they get a good deal on the cruise buying it last minute but they got the room right next door to us. How cool is that? Now I have think about what to pack. There are 4 formal dinners and 10 casual ones. We love to dress up for dinner but do I go long or short?

D H has put his foot down and I can only take one suitcase this time. Last cruise we took 7 suitcases. The advantage of driving and not flying however our cruise in August does require a flight so this is a practice. It is an exciting time.